Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Assignment 2 is progressing really slowly

It all makes sense in my head, but as soon as I try to articulate what I intend to do, it falls apart. I think I may need to seek help with this :-(

Deciding to do Honours was very last minute for me (I enquired about it on the last day of application) and I jumped into it without much thought. In a way I don't feel like I mentally prepared myself - just never seem to catch up with what I want to do!

I was excited about a couple of the subjects that were available - including the e-learning paper - but not overly impressed with the two options for the dissertation. I was coerced to do the Social Studies Education one - which focused on the declining popularity of social studies as a subject in the New Zealand Curriculum (also world wide trend). I decided to do my Research paper - Edprofst 756 on ICT and computers and the lack thereof in the classroom (instead of halving my work load by doing social studies like my astute friends also doing the Honours degree).

The research on both of these topics gave me insight into the classroom. I decided it would be useful to combine the two areas that are generally underdeveloped in the classroom into an integrated unit of work. I just can't seem to get going.


1 comment:

Blast Off! said...

I found the same thing Meghan and in the end, I just wrote what I wanted to say and then realised I had done the readings that either supported or opposed what I wrote ... then I could go back and re-work it and link the readings in ! But! All those readings... a slow process! Good luck!